Pages


Kindle App for iPad Launched

Amazon said today(1st June) its Kindle App for iPad is now available in all countries where the device is sold.

The move by Amazon comes as Apple today launched its iPad internationally in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, Switzerland and the UK.

Amazon says the Kindle for iPad app will complement its Kindle reader, offering its synchronization technology of books across a number of Kindle apps, and an interface designed for the look and feel of the iPad.

"We're thrilled to make Kindle for iPad available to readers around the world," said Jay Marine, director, Amazon Kindle. "Kindle for iPad includes all the features customers love about Kindle for iPhone, including great selection and synchronization of their books across a variety of Kindle apps, along with a beautiful new user interface tailored to the look and feel of iPad."

It's really no surprise that Apple's iPad is selling like hotcakes; it's simply a fantastic device!
I've owned one for well over a month now and to get mine I had to pay almost double the price. It's not that I'm a fanatic about it but, at the time, I was contemplating buying an ebook reader device (The Kindle actually). I like to read, a lot, but don't like the fact that my books require trees to print on them, so I decided to go digital (plus - in the long run - I'll save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on books).

Once I learned that iPad offers the same downloads as the Kindle AND it's much like a Touch but bigger and more powerful, all for almost the same price as the Kindle, I just jumped on it.

Sure there are a few details to work out with the iPad - but that's like any other new electronic - I still recommend it to anyone who likes to surf the web on-the-go, it's simply a must have.


"Kindle for iPad is the perfect companion for the millions of customers who already own a Kindle or Kindle DX, and a way for customers to download and enjoy books even if they don't yet have a Kindle."

Best Camera kindle app for ipad launched official ipad app on amazon kindle for android asus eee pad motorola flipout motoblur samsung galaxy tab 3D glass Blackberry playbook